red string


”赤い糸”
akai ito
Red String.

I was attached to a string.
Red string.
Just a string.
But it gripped me tighter than your promise(s).

It hurts.
Love hurts.

Blame love?
No.
Blame you.

Pretty like a white flower; Disreputable white flower.
Chaste like a white flower; Nasty white flower.
You're the white flower; Tell me which one.

Your string, 
said you gonna tied it around me gently.
Your string,
said you won't let it break.
Your string,
said it won't hurt.
Your string,
said the damn red string.

I was bleeding because of it.
I might bleed to death.
I'm sorry for everything that I've done.
What have I done? What have you done?

The red string should be sweet.
It should be sweet like what you promised it would.
The red string should be chaste,
It should be chaste to us.

It's wrong. Everything became so wrong.
Wrong.
Wrong.
Wrong.
Wrong.

I'm,
Crying with closed eyes.
Screaming with a closed mouth.

It hurts.
Love hurts.

Blame love?
For once, I'm blaming love.

The red string is a curse.

Comments

  1. 'The red string is a curse.'
    Indeed. Your poem has, once again, stabbed my heart so deeply lol-

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem is true. Sometimes this "Red String" hurts people because they thought they see this "Red String" tying them to the person they wanted to be with, when it actually isn't.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts